Making the decision to switch CRM platforms isn’t easy for most publishers. After all, it involves migrating your data, training your team, and sometimes even taking a hard look at your day-to-day processes. That said, a well-executed publishing CRM migration can save your business time and money for years to come.
In this post, we’ll explain 3 key factors to consider if you’re thinking about migrating to a new CRM platform.
Consider: Are You Remote Work Ready?
Remote work is key to business survival in 2020. And for many publishers, it’s a practice that will stick around even after it’s safe to return to the office. If your team is struggling with working from home, your software is likely part of the problem. Strong remote teams require:
- Cloud-based software without no need for special installs, local file access, or IT updates.
- Mobile-friendly platforms that allow 100% on-the-go productivity.
- In-software project and job management features that increase team communication.
Consider: Can Your Publishing CRM Adapt to Changing Needs?
Whether you run a magazine or a digital-heavy media company, it’s important to think about the future when you’re evaluating new software. Future-proof platforms can:
- Provide quick and accurate billing advertisers for packages featuring different types of advertising.
- Integrate in real-time with industry-standard accounting and production software.
- Incentivize you to increase the types of ad products you sell to increase revenue potential (events, programmatic digital, etc.)
Consider: Do You Want Ongoing Training and Support?
Change is a constant in the publishing world—from staff turnover, to new ad products, to emerging audience trends. Think about how the software you demo can react to those changes in one year, or two, or ten. An adaptable publishing CRM platform will:
- Offer ongoing opportunities for new employees to get up to speed on the software.
- Provide live training sessions and events to explore new features and discuss emerging advertising tactics.
- Update their software features often to respond to real-world customer feedback and trends.
Try The Most Powerful Publishing CRM for Ad Sales
At Ad Sales Genius, we build CRM / ERP software to help publishers grow their businesses. Schedule a demo now to see how you can connect your sales, production, and accounting with one powerful platform!