Your magazine’s health depends on growing your audience and increasing your ad revenue. At the center of all of these goals is the lifeblood of your business operations: your magazine management software.
In this post, we’re going to evaluate the factors you should consider when you’re evaluating software to manage your magazine. To help accomplish this, we will suggest 11 questions to ask when considering switching publishing platforms.
11 Questions to Ask When Evaluating Magazine CRM Software
When you’re demoing a new magazine management software, try to answer the following questions:
- Will this platform support where I want to take my magazine brand in the next 5, 10, or 15 years?
- In what ways does the CRM portion of this software go beyond simple contact management to help my ad sales reps?
- Does this platform offer full, real-time integrations with the other software I use for my business?
- Will this software sync all of my teams together with the information they need to get work done faster?
- In what ways will this software help me produce a higher quality final product—in terms of ad production, print production, and overall advertiser satisfaction?
- Will this software work with the types of advertising my advertisers will want in the future?
- In what ways will this software help me increase my ad revenue potential for both existing and prospective advertisers?
- How does this software help me increase the value of my digital offerings?
- Does this software natively support billing for all of the types of products my advertisers want?
- Does this software contain reporting capabilities can help me manage my ad sales reps and the products they’re selling?
- What automation features does this software have to reduce any existing strains on my accounting team?
While there are many more factors to consider beyond this list, these questions should provide you with a good overview of any new platform’s compatibility with your business goals.
See Why We’re More Than a Typical Publishing CRM
At Ad Sales Genius, we produce CRM software that helps publishers like you grow their businesses. If you want to increase sales, production, and accounting efficiency, we’re here to help. Schedule a personalized demo now to learn how our software automation features can unlock your magazine’s full potential!