Change is a constant, but strong businesses are always on the lookout for ways to survive, grow, and adapt. Yet despite changing political climates, unpredictable current events, and changing economic conditions, one factor remains certain—advertising is also a constant.
For publishers, media companies, and agencies, the challenge boils down to how to sell more advertising. The products offered must meet the demands of a changing industry, and sales people must be equipped to sell it effectively.
At the front line of this challenge is the sales software your company is using to sell, produce, and invoice advertising products.
Inefficiency Can Become Habit: 6 Examples
Holes in your ad sales software’s capabilities can quickly become ingrained in your daily routine. Here are a six examples of “learned inefficiency” in the ad sales world:
- Creating reports in Excel or Google Sheets because your software is incapable of running detailed product, sales, or commission reporting.
- Reconciling sales data between your accounting software and your CRM because the two don’t sync together seamlessly.
- Tracking down chains of emails containing ad production assets and client changes/feedback.
- Logging calls, emails, and meetings after-the-fact because your software doesn’t sync with your phone system, email platform, or calendar.
- Transferring print ads into your inDesign flat plans one-by-one and keeping track of inventory manually along the way.
- Calculating digital, programmatic, or social billing outside of your CRM because your software was not built to handle these products.
The truth is that you don’t have to be doing any of these activities on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis with capable ad sales software.
Your team could be saving time, reducing the chances of production and accounting errors, and focusing on advertiser satisfaction—but only with the right CRM platform.
Is Your Ad Sales Software the Best Tool for Your Job?
At Ad Sales Genius, our CRM software helps magazines, publishers, agencies, and event sales businesses maximize their available resources. This translates to smart, time-saving automation and full software integrations across sales, production, delivery, and billing.
We know the decision to consider changing your business software isn’t something you take lightly. But with our personalized support, setup, and onboarding, you can count on our team to provide your team with the software tools you need to thrive now and well into the future.
Schedule a personalized demo of Ad Sales Genius today—just fill out the form below. Our team will guide you through our features and integrations to help you see how your business can save time, money, and headaches.